Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Introduction

For the past ten years, I have been writing on the Internet in some form. As soon as I got my first computer, it was all I wanted to do, to write, see what people think of my writing, and for them to enjoy what I have to say. I started doing reviews of independent wrestling shows in Chicago for the now deceased websites ChicagoWrestling.Com and MidwestMarks.Com.  I did that from about 2001 until 2004.  I traveled all over the Midwest writing about shows, interviewing wrestlers, ring announcing, setting up rings, and even did some managing for a short time, as a heel manager. I managed against former WCW wrestler, Lash Leroux, as a matter of fact. After a while, I sold most of my wrestling tapes, lost interest in the sport, and started to become a fan of movies. I started writing movie reviews on MySpace in 2005 and before long I got my big break, writing for the popular website, 411mania.com. That was the break I needed because I took the ball and ran with it. I interview people from all walks of life in the entertainment industry. Here is a list of some of the talent I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing. Keep in mind this is not the complete list. The complete list is at 295 right now: Andy Dick, Andy Samberg from Saturday Night Live, poker player Annie Duke, adult entertainers Beladonna and Tera Patrick, comedian Bill Engvall, Carmen Electra, the late David Carradine, the late Roy Disney, wrestlers CM Punk, Diamond Dallas Page, Ken Kennedy, Kane, ESPN’s Sean Salisbury, NBA players Ronny Turiaf and Jalen Rose, NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, Larry the Cable Guy, rapper Tech N9ne, Pauly Shore, and Academy Award winning director of the Exorcist, William Freidkin. My interviews have also been quoted in major newspapers, such as the Chicago Sun-Times, the Chicago Tribune, and the Kansas City Star. I’ve also had my reviews quoted on DVD covers, both front and back.
With this blog, I am going to be bringing you all of my experience and more when I talk about movies, entertainment, and everything else.  I’m still a writer on 411mania.com, but with this blog, I want to be a little more personal and random.  It’s going to have my own little touches.  I am going to be reviewing movies, giving my thoughts on the latest TV shows, sports, and even having a section called, “From the Vault,” where I will link you to some of my old interviews. I have USB’s full of stuff, and I want to share all of this with you. 
All the time at my job, Blockbuster, customers ask me, “What did you think of this movie? Is it any good?” Even my girlfriend, friends, family, coworkers, and teachers want to know my thoughts on movies, so I thought this would be a good forum to be in control of what’s put out there and when I post and how often I post.
I just have one rule for this blog: Be respectful. I encourage feedback, and I’m not afraid of criticism, but it has to be done in a respectful manner. If there is any name-calling, excessive swearing or negativity you will be blocked, no questions asked.
I look forward to sharing this with all of you, and I hope you like what I have to say.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. J
-Tony Farinella

No comments:

Post a Comment